We are a community project based in Gweek, South West Cornwall. We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint by using & encouraging renewable energy, sustainable development, recycling, car sharing, energy efficiency, eating wisely and upcycling. Our onsite community lives a low-impact lifestyle & works on the project in exchange for living here. Our main focus is our Day Centre for adults with special needs. We also process salvaged wood, hire out marquees and run two non-profit associations onsite, namely THE BIG TENT FESTIVAL at Holifield (previously known as Holifield Camping Events) & ROOTS One Planet Thinkers Collective. We are developing our Eco Campsite, and hope to have it in use by Summer 2016.
We run two annual events – Holifair Festival, which is our larger, community festival, and THE BIG TENT FESTIVAL, which is a not for profit festival aimed at people with special needs, their carers and families.
2016 Dates for your diaries!
THE BIG TENT FESTIVAL at Holifield – Thursday 16th & Friday 17th June 2016. (More info below )
HOLIFAIR FAMILY FESTIVAL – Friday 12th-Sunday 14th August 2016. (More info below)
APPLE DAY – Friday 14th October 2016, 11am-3pm. Free entry. (More info coming soon…)
- THE BIG TENT FESTIVAL at Holifield – A camping event for people with special needs, their carers and families. Lots of great entertainment and workshops. Read our 2015 thank yous here and keep an eye out for the photos here! THE BIG TENT FESTIVAL 2016 is on Thursday 16th from 9am & Friday 17th of June, with camping & breakfast available until Saturday 18th June.
- If you can offer a workshop, perform, want a stall at next years event or would like more information, please visit this page.
- Tickets can be bought on the gate on the day.
Only £20 for the 2 days including camping & parking. Wheelchair accessible, including accessible toilets. If you don’t want to camp, why not come for the day. Fantastic value at only £10 per day per person, Carers FREE.
- The Big Tent Festival Cafe serves lovely meals, cakes and drinks at reasonable prices. We will be serving breakfast, lunch and Tea.
- If you would like to make a donation to help us cover the cost of this unique non-profit event, you can do so via paypal here.
- Holifair Family Festival - Holifair is a family friendly fundraising festival with over 30 live bands, talks, cabaret, barn dance, kids area with loads of great workshops, dance tent, chillout space, walkabout acts, firepit, storytelling, bar, craft and wellbeing area, plus local caterers and stalls set here on our beautiful farm. Dates for 2016 are 12 -14 August. Click here for more details.
Help us plant 3500 trees – dedicate a tree! Click here for more information. We are always looking for volunteers to help with clearing, planting and other woodland jobs. If you would like to help please get in touch.
Please click the links to see our many areas of interest. Scroll down to sign up for our e-newsletter.
Subscribe to our mailing list